The National Association of Bahamians in Canada (formerly "ABC) is a non-profit organization comprised of Bahamians, Bahamian-Canadians, their families and friends, and other supporters. We host Bahamian social events, fundraisers, promote Bahamian culture in Canada to further a prosperous relationship between The Bahamas and Canada.
The Association has specific charitable purposes that it supports. Most notably, disaster resiliency efforts through our hurricane relief fund and educational sponsorship.
The Association, which is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, was established in 1980.
The Association provides a forum for persons of The Bahamian diaspora and friends of The Bahamas to collectively support social and charitable programs for benefit of the Bahamian community that resides within Canada.
Key charitable purposes are:
1) Supporting the educational advancement of Bahamian students studying within Canadian universities/colleges.
2) Facilitating disaster resiliency programs (given The Bahamas' geographical location and disposition to effects of natural disasters i.e. hurricanes)
3) To share Bahamian culture with Canadians.
1) To project a positive image of The Bahamas/Bahamians.
2) To maintain a strong and vibrant network that recognizes and fosters memberships’ entrepreneurship, education, development and cultural awareness.
3) To take an active and unbiased interest in cultural, social and civic activities that promote and benefit The Bahamas and Bahamians, including the diaspora represented in Canada
4) To support the educational advancement of Bahamian students studying within Canadian universities/colleges
5) To facilitate disaster resiliency programs (given The Bahamas' geographical location and disposition to effects of natural disasters i.e. Hurricanes)